Spilling the beans on Britain's bathroom habits
We recently carried out a survey of 1,000 Brits to dive deeper into the nation’s bathroom habits and the results are brilliant! First thing’s first, we can confirm – you guys love a good bathroom! Of course, we don’t blame you, but some would say we’re biased…
We found that a huge 57% of people are looking to renovate their bathroom. In fact, 84% of people surveyed believe that bathrooms should be one of the biggest priorities when renovating to add value to the home and prepare a property for sale, while more than 75% of people said that they consider the bathroom to be an important factor when deciding on buying a new property.
It turns out 74% of adults get their day off to a tardy start because of others spending too much time in the bathroom. In fact, more than 50% of the UK population say they’re late for work at least once a week because of others taking their time in the bathroom. We don’t feel at all guilty and we think that too long bathing in bathroom bliss is a valid excuse for being late (don’t tell your boss this though).
When it comes to budget, 73% of people are prepared to spend over £1,000 on a bathroom renovation, and women are likely to splash more cash on the bathroom than men. Our favourite discovery though, drumroll please… It’s official! Women are also more likely to spend longer in the bathroom than men – pamper yourself ladies!
What other bathroom insights did we discover?
• 57% of people are looking to renovate a bathroom
• More than 75% of people consider the bathroom consider the bathroom to be important when deciding on a new property.
• 84% of people think the bathroom is important when renovating the home to add value.
• 73% of people would splash the cash on their bathroom (over £1,000).
• Perfecting shower pressure is the number one bugbear for UK homeowners.
• 84% of people spend less than 15 minutes in the shower a day - a nation of speedy shower-takers.
• More than half of the UK population run late at least once a week because of other people spending too much time in the bathroom.
• 74% of adults are getting their day off to a tardy start because of others spending too much time in the bathroom.
• Women are more likely to spend more on the bathroom than men.
• It’s official! Men spend less time than women in the shower.
Inspired by all this talk of bathrooms? Take a look at our Bathroom Ideas blogs for top tips, advice and inspiration.