How to clean a ceramic disc cartridge
If you’re looking for some advice on cleaning a ceramic disc cartridge, you’ve landed at a pretty handy spot. Well done you.
What will I need?
- - Flat head Screwdriver
- - Cross head Screwdriver
- - Adjustable Spanner
Step by step instructions
- 1. Turn off hot and cold water via boiler or isolation valves.
- 2. Open tap to drain excess water.
- 3. Remove tap head and cartridge retaining nut.
- 4. Remove the tap cartridge.
- 5. Clean filters and orifices to remove limescale build up.
- 6. Check washers and ring seals.
- 7. Place cartridge back in to tap body.
- 8. Ensure everything is tight and in place.
- 9. Turn on water and check for leaks.
- 10. Operate the tap and check operation.
Perfect! We’ve got some squeaky clean toilets and basins to go with your squeaky clean cartridge if you fancy a change. Go on, have a look…