How to install a Basin Mixer Tap
Now this sounds slightly more daunting but we promise it’s not as scary as it seems. Get that thinking cap on and you’ll be just fine.
What will I need?
- - Grips
- - Adjustable spanner
- - Hexagonal bar key (comes with tap)
- - Basin Wench
- - Tap Spanner
Step by step instructions
- 1. First, check the new tap for imperfections.
- 2. Turn off hot and cold water via boiler or insolation valves.
- 3. Once water is off, open tap in mid position to drain excess water.
- 4. Undo tap connection but do not lose the washers.
- 5. Remove the hexagonal nut from the top.
- 6. Remove tap.
- 7. Clean area.
- 8. Check the new tap (Do this before removing old one for warranty/returns purposes!)
- 9. Place tap in position.
- 10. Tighten the new hexagonal nut on to threaded bar.
- 11. Reconnect hot and cold water.
- 12. Switch on water.
- 13. Open the tap to flush water through.
- 14. Check operation.
See? We knew you could do it.
So, you’ve figured that one out but is it time to upgrade to a brand new, shiny one? If so, pop on over and have a look at what we have to offer.