How to install a basin waste
Ever wanted to know how to install a basin waste? Well you’re in the right place!
What will I need?
- - Grips
- - Silicone
- - Mastic Gun
- - Cloth
Step by step instructions
- 1. Remove the trap to the basin. (Be careful though, the trap will be full of water!)
- 2. With the trap removed, use a pair of grips to untighten the hexagonal nut, turning anticlockwise.
- 3. Remove any excess silicone and dry the area.
- 4. Top tip! Put a small bead of clear silicone around the underside of waste.
- 5. Place the waste in position.
- 6. Tighten in waste turning hexagonal nut clockwise.
- 7. Remove excess silicone.
- 8. Refit the trap
- 9. Test for function and leaks.
Well done you!
Have you looked at your current basin and been less than impressed? Take a look at our fabulous collection and upgrade that old one pronto!