How to install hot and cold bath taps
Ah hot and cold bath taps – something that’s very important to get spot on! (Because no one wants to accidentally run a cold bath, right?!)
What will I need?
- - Basin Wrench
- - Grips
- - Hexagonal bar key (comes with tap)
- - Basin Wench
- - Screwdriver
- - Tap Spanner
Step by step instructions
- 1. Turn off hot and cold water via boiler or isolation valves.
- 2. Open taps to drain excess water.
- 3. Undo the connections - do not lose the fibre washers!
- 4. Undo bath hexagonal nuts, turning anticlockwise.
- 5. Carefully remove taps and clean area.
- 6. Place new taps in position.
- 7. Tighten in position using hexagonal nuts turning clockwise.
- 8. Re-connect hot and cold water.
- 9. Switch on water, check for leaks.
- 10. Open taps and flush them.
- 11. Check operation.
See? We knew you could do it.
Now you've got that sorted, do you want some gorgeous new taps? We think we know a place where you can find some!